Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Levee Broke!

So after all that excitement this afternoon, I laid down to take a nap.  Before doing so, I looked up acupressure on the Internet as a way to induce labor.  I knew about the point above the ankle bone but never tried it.  I watched the video and had Nate watch it, too, so that he could apply pressure before I took my nap.
Lo and behold, I woke up to pretty uncomfortable cramping, kind of like menstrual cramps.  I rolled over, and laid there awhile.  Then came another one...  I got up out of bed, went to the bathroom, started walking into the kitchen, and then felt like I had just peed my pants.  I returned to the bathroom and verified that it definitely wasn't me peeing my pants--my water broke!

Wow.  We'll be having a baby pretty soon...  The hospital has wireless, so we'll update from there.  In the meantime, Nate and I are going to relax here at home and watch a movie and try and get some rest before this gets more intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment