Saturday, May 14, 2011

Date Night #1

Last night, Nate and I went out for our very first date as a parental unit. We left Weston at home, unattended in his swing. We figured he was an easy baby... Just kidding! I asked my good friend Gemma to come over and watch him for a couple of hours while we went out to Barnes and Noble for a hot beverage and some browsing in the stacks. I was super excited to get out of the house and spend some time with my man. I really didn't talk about the baby and only checked to make sure the volume on my phone was functioning twice.

Nate and I have had a consistent weekly date night for over a year and a half--ever since we got married. We decided that we were going to keep it going, even after the burrito's arrival. Of course, we're going to have to tone it down a bit, but that's okay, as long as he and I are spending time together. Anyway, we decided on the bookstore because Nate said that we won't have any friends if I keep on reading baby books like The Complete Book of Breastfeeding and What to Expect the First Year, so I went big and bought The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.  It's a giant novel, and I've got the whole summer to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment