Monday, May 2, 2011

Enjoying Milwaukee

I really want to just type this:

No baby news yet.

I can't do that to you readers, who, according to the statistics page on the blog, have been checking the posts on here more than I visit the bathroom each day.  I think that's impressive, mostly because I can't believe how often I'm in there.  I'm honored that you're reading this.

I went with Nate to school today, so I've been at UW-M's campus all afternoon.  I really can't stand being in the apartment.  It was nice to get out again, and the campus is close to Lake Michigan, so I packed a lunch and waddled down to a nice bench with a spectacular view of the lake.  I would have kept going after I ate, but there were no bathrooms of any sort on the way and I felt like I was going to pee my pants, so I had to cut my walk short.  I still have some time before Nate's done teaching, so I could go for another little stroll.

I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow morning, and at that time, she'll let me know if I'm dilated or effaced.  I've been using evening primrose oil (EPO) and drinking raspberry leaf tea, neither of which are supposed to start labor.  The oil is supposed to soften the cervix, and the tea tones and strengthens the uterus.  Since I wasn't hardly effaced two weeks ago, the midwife suggested 2 grams of EPO nightly.  I'll find out tomorrow if my efforts have been worth it.  Oh, and as of right now, I'm not getting on the scale.  The medical assistant can go ahead and write "refused" on my chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment