Saturday, April 30, 2011

Still Here

It's 40 weeks and 2 days and no baby yet.  I'm honored that Mr. Belvedere is loving being in the womb.  However, my patience is wearing thin.  I am in the majority, though.  Apparently, 25% of babies come early, 5% on the due date, and 70% come late.


In an effort to move things along and keep some sanity, I went to the gym this afternoon, and some woman saw me and said, "Oh, congratulations!  Are you about 7 months?"  I smiled and replied, "Nope.  I was due two days ago."  She looked at me like I was crazy.  Throughout this pregnancy, people have constantly told me that I'm not that big, but let me assure you, all my measurements are fine and the scale doesn't lie.

The longest the midwife will let me go is May 10, which is 41 weeks and 5 days.  That seems like such a long way away...

No comments:

Post a Comment