Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Someone Else's Birthday

Today is Nate's 32nd birthday!

Excellent frosting detail, no?

Tomorrow is Mr. Belvedere's alleged birthday, but I'm pretty sure that we're going to have to wait awhile.  That's okay.  I had a minor meltdown yesterday after my prenatal appointment, mostly due to the fact that I'm tired of seeing the numbers on the scale climb to numbers that I was hoping to never reach.  Perhaps someday I'll wear my weight gain during this pregnancy as a badge of honor.  Just not at the present moment.

As for other birthdays, yesterday would have been my cousin Tom's 31st birthday.  We went down to Illinois today to celebrate my cousin's life at his funeral and luncheon.  It was wonderful to see so many people who loved him, and as with any funeral, I saw people I hadn't seen in years.  It's still hard to wrap my head around his passing, as it is for most everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment