Monday, October 25, 2010

OMG...There's really a baby in there!

Watching the ultrasound screen with images of a baby on it, and knowing that those images are coming from my abdomen is pretty weird!  I couldn't believe that there is a full-fledged baby growing inside of me.  I was laughing the first minute that she had the sensor on me because I was so shocked!  It's got two arms with fingers, two legs with toes, a giant head complete with a nose, two eyes and a mouth; a beating little heart, a teeny stomach, and an umbilical cord attached to a healthy placenta.

3D image: baby's covering up its face with its arm

Profile: A Polish nose?
Heart rate was 164, but despite the popular theory, that doesn't predict the gender.  Its crown-to-rump measurement is 80mm, which could have bumped up my due date to the 24th of April, but since that's not five days earlier than the 28th, I'm still working with the original due date.

It was flopping around like a fish out of water, twisting this way and that.  After commenting that it's bizarre how it's moving around all over the place but I can't feel it yet, Nate told me to go light some incense, lie down, close my eyes and really, really concentrate on feeling it move.  I wish I could feel it, but it's way too early.  Today was just 13 weeks, 4 days.

4 comments:

  1. OHHHH the baby is so sweet!!! What do you think if we call the he or she baby "sweetie?" till we all meet the sweetie? Love you tons and keep on rockin :) xoxo Grandma Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the comment settings on the blog...now anyone can comment under "Anonymous." Please be sure to include your name if that's how you comment. :) Now, you don't have to have an ID or some sort of other account. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very fortunate to have seen grand baby #5 at the ultrasound. It is a beautiful miracle to see the tiny arms moving and it doing some flips and twists.
    I wish there were little cameras inside you Robyn, so I could see the baby grow when I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Grandma Becca's idea- I think the baby should be officially called "sweetie".

    ReplyDelete