Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life Goes On

It's been a sad weekend.  I was pulled out of my 7th hour class on Thursday, October 21 because my mom came to school to break the news that my dad had passed away in the night.  He died peacefully in his sleep at the young age of 68 at the assisted living facility that he'd been a resident of for the past 5 years.  The cause was another brain bleed.  I was horrified and unprepared for this, mostly because I had envisioned his passing to be something long and drawn out that would happen sometime in the next few years (he was headed down that kind of a road).  But to have my dad taken away so suddenly is still incomprehensible.

At my wedding in 2009
Of course, I'm saddened by the fact that he won't be able to hold his 5th grandchild and be a part of its life.  Nate and I are on our way to becoming parents ourselves, and it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that my own dad is just not here anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment