Friday, June 3, 2011

Four Weeks Already?

Okay... so it's June.  Weird.  Something happened to my sense of time.  May 2011 never really existed in my life because I went through it in a sleep-deprived fog.  Happily, I'm coming out of the fog and finding my groove.  Actually, Weston and I are finding our groove together.  It's not easy trying to figure out what all the various cries mean and when he wants to nurse or when he's just tired and wants to sleep.

He still loves bath time and gets super quiet and calm when I give him one.  He especially likes getting his hair washed and rinsed.  We also go on frequent walks in his stroller, and he enjoys those as long as he's fed beforehand. It's super important that we keep moving, too!  It's bizarre how he can sense when we've stopped moving.  Weston's also a swaddler--if all else fails, swaddle him in a blanket or put him in the Bjorn or Moby Wrap, walk a few laps around the apartment, and he's asleep.  Check out this video of the Happiest Baby on the Block swaddling technique that we use:



It looks brutal, but it really works if it's done correctly.  The point in making it tight is to not let them kick or squirm out of the blanket, which happens every time if I do a crappy job swaddling.

Overall, we're pretty pleased with our creation...  He'll be smiling regularly soon--I've seen a few good ones already!


Getting ready to go on a walk--it was cold outside!
Four weeks old

1 comment: