Saturday, August 27, 2011

Going Back to Work

I don't wanna.
I really don't wanna.
I am less than enthused about going back to work full time on Monday.  If teaching were truly a 40-hour work week, then it might be easier to swallow.  The reality of it is, though, is that teaching isn't just 40 hours a week.  It's coming in early, staying late and taking work home at night.  Yeah, yeah, we get about 2 and 1/2 months off in the summer, which could make up for it.  But I don't think it does.

Yes, I'm whining.

I'm hoping that if I whine enough, Nate will tell me, "It's okay, honey.  Don't go back to work full-time.  I'll figure it all out."

By the way, we'll really see how this blogging thing goes after working next week.  This could be the last post on the West Allis Baby Project...  I've thought of starting another blog, something along the lines of being a Midwesterner in the South...Corn Fed in the Blue Grass State.   I don't know.  I just hope that Weston doesn't end up with a twang or drawl when he starts talking.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Robyn. I still fantasize that one day Matt will just come around and say, "It's okay, honey. Stay home." So far, no luck. BTW, your little guy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two days down and I'm feeling overwhelmed! I will continue to need "good lucks." At least my milk supply hasn't suffered, so that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete