Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rocking Chair

In the hopes that we can continue to use our rocking chair as a functional piece of furniture well after the baby (and its subsequent siblings??) is/are grown up, Nate and I decided to purchase an Eames Case Study Rocker from Modernica.  It's not an original, but it's as close to the original as you can get.  It's a fiberglass shell with the same molds that Ray and Charles Eames used in 1948.


At this point, I don't fully appreciate nor understand how cool this chair is.  I don't come from a design background that would help me wrap my head around our purchase, but Nate and Jeff both think it's a great start to what could end up being a sweet furniture collection.

Daddy-to-Be

3 comments:

  1. How dare you take advantage of me before I was fully awake? Somebody call Child Protective Services. Who is that guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean we have to call CPS for you and you go back to your Mom?

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. familial adenomatous polyposis?March 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM

    uh..where is that original post? Quit harassing my BFF. His colon could be damaged.

    ReplyDelete