Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Charting the Belly: Week 34 (almost 35)

I. Am. Feeling. Big.

It'll be 35 weeks this Thursday, and I suspect like every other pregnant woman at this point in her pregnancy, I am ready to get this baby out.  But I've got some time to go, and some room to grow.  I had Nate take some pictures this morning, and I was disgusted with every one of them.  I couldn't bring myself to post them because it looked as though my face was pumped up with helium.  So, we tried again this evening, and I didn't look at the camera.

I'm picking lint off of my shirt


I have read everything about the next five weeks in preparation for light at the end of the tunnel (before the next adventure of parenting).  The highlights?  Read on:
"Your baby will spend the next few weeks putting on weight."
Awesome.  As if topping the scale at 200 pounds isn't exciting enough.

"Your ballooning uterus is crowding your other internal organs."
Like my lungs, my bladder, my stomach, and any muscles that used to help me put on my shoes and pick up stuff off the floor.


"You may have trouble sleeping at night."
Really?  No kidding.  

1 comment:

  1. MrbelevedrewasthebestshowMarch 23, 2011 at 9:41 PM

    You are so cute, sister! I hope I look as cute as you when I am 34 weeks along! I'm glad you still have your sense of humor, and the baby hasn't crowded out your funny bone. Your baby is going to be the best butler a family can have.

    ReplyDelete