Monday, October 22, 2012

My Wish List

I grew up with pets.  We always had a dog around the house, and consequently, they were never the skinniest of animals.  There were always scraps of food that they either woofed up off of the floor, or--if we were trying to be more civilized--ended up in their food dish.

Currently, we don't have any pets due to a number of reasons, but there are times when I really wish we had a dog.  Weston loves dogs (it was one of his first words), and as the cold weather sets in, there's nothing better than a living heating blanket on the bed to keep my feet warm.  But, there are many reasons why we don't have a dog--cost, nails on wooden floors, dried puddles of drool, and piles of hair (in addition to piles of toys, food, and whatever else).

However, when I come home from running errands, and walk into the kitchen (all under Nate's watch) and find this, I really want to rent a dog for one minute, three times a day.  Wait.  Make that four because snack time can be just as messy.

Unwanted quesadilla chunks and no dog

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally get this! When we had a dog, that was his ONE duty and he performed it admirably. (Although the slobber he left behind was pretty gross.) I have missed him so much every time I have a kid in the high chair!

    ReplyDelete