Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthing Class #1

We made the trip up to Menomonee Falls Well Rounded Maternity Center Saturday morning for our first birthing class.  Our instructor, Coral Slavin, is a seasoned Bradley Method instructor, but has since modified the class because the true Bradley course was too rigid for her tastes.  So she created a hybrid class.  There were about seven other couples there, all of us first time parents except for one couple.  We talked quite a bit about the importance of relaxing during labor so that the body can do its job.  Next week's topic is about diet and nutrition.

I also had my 30 week appointment this afternoon at the Midwifery Center at Aurora Sinai.  Things are good...baby's heart rate is 142 and my fundal height is 30 cm (right on target).  My blood work from last time showed that I'm not producing any antibodies, and I think that means that Mr. Belvedere and I have compatible blood, but that conversation was too much for me to follow.  I'll put that on my list of questions for next time.

Fundal height--things are getting cramped
It's hard to believe that there are just ten weeks left (give or take a few).  It's gone by very quickly so far, but I've heard from others that this last trimester can get long...


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's 30 weeks already! I want to rub your prego belly and eat ice cream with you. You guys are going to be such great parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that tuna-a-piano guy? Anyways, Mr. B wants to picket! I made him/her a little in utero sign to hold up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picketing stresses Mr. B. and me out...so we're not going to Madison. Send me the sign anyway, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom wrote,
    So glad things are measuring to the right size.
    I agree, you don't need to go to Madison just tape the sign on your belly.

    ReplyDelete