Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fetuses Are Funny

I don't get my fetus.  Some days it's super quiet and doesn't do much, other than a few rolls and lazy jabs and upper cuts.  Other days, like last night and this morning, it's incredibly active, making my belly jump around like I'm cooking popcorn inside.  I can't figure out what makes it move.  It usually dances a bit after I eat and also when I am lying in bed.  But I can't seem to do a Pandora on it... Meaning that I play it music fairly often, but can't get its music tastes just right.  Last week, my mom was here, and she wanted to feel the baby move. So, I pulled out the iPod and played Yellow Sun by The Ranconteurs, and the fetus gave a "thumbs up" in the form of a head butt that was pretty powerful.  Of course, that could have meant that it didn't like it very much.  I don't know.

I've played it all sorts of other music, and some days it digs what I've got on, and other times it's like, "Blah...I've heard better."

Yes, I'm trying to figure out a fetus.  A fetus that weighs about a pound and a half, whose bones are becoming harder, and whose prime source of entertainment is exploring structures in my uterus.

A fav onesie
Yes, I'm neurotic.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe a little neurotic....
    I'll take the jab as "Yes, that's Grandma. HI!"

    It was pretty exciting when the baby made my hand bounce off your belly.

    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best post yet. Have you tried Paul Simon? I guarantee any child of yours will let you know that s/he digs Paul. I'm so excited for you! Love, Leah
    p.s. Mary is a genius. Mr. Belvedere is perfect. Better than "Jabo" which is what my parents called me when I was a fetus.

    ReplyDelete