Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful for Player Pianos and Fisher-Price

Thanksgiving was rather unusual this year.  We didn't spend it with blood relatives; instead we drove about 3 hours to spend it with friends near Fort Wayne, Indiana.  The highlight of the trip for Weston was a tie between getting to play with the classic Fisher-Price Little People garage...

This sells for $92 on eBay!
and dancing to the player piano...


Dancing to Rudolph from Robyn Weaver on Vimeo.

I play the piano, but Weston would not tolerate me playing during our trip.  He'd be in the other room playing, and I'd sit down to play a song.  He'd come running in, going, "Un-uh, un-uh, un-uh" and pulling my hands off the keys.  He sometimes does the same thing when I sing.  He doesn't mind when others sing, but I always get the ax, unless it's "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" and he's in the mood to hear it.  I find this fascinating (as well as a little ego-bruising).

No comments:

Post a Comment