Monday, June 11, 2012

Retiring the Pump

I cannot believe that I made it through an entire school year (9 months...180 days or so) of pumping twice a day at work.  It's crazy, right?  I will not miss the freezer bags, washing the parts, "uhnnn...uhnnn...uhnnn," students knocking on my door and me yelling back, "I'm busy!" or better yet, administrators using their master keys to come in...

Nope.  I won't miss that.  Ever.

But I am so glad that Weston and I made it past a year of breast feeding.  That, plus I was able to go to work to have a roof over our heads, insurance, and food on the table.  A working, breast feeding mom needs the necessary--but evil--pump.

Many intimate moments, dear Medela, but you will not be missed!
Now that it's officially summer break, I'm free!  I do know that I'm not pumping when I go back to work in the fall (the World Health Organization recommends breast feeding at least until two years of age), so we'll most likely continue to nurse through the summer and then wean in August to just a morning and before bedtime feed.
Got Milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment