Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Very Merry Half Birthday!

Six months down...Sometimes I remember what life was like before baby got here, but it's kind of fuzzy.

We went for his 6-month check-up yesterday morning and met his new pediatrician, Dr. Jadeed.  It's hard picking a pediatrician--we just went with whoever was available and we got lucky.  Sometimes, I think it's all about the nurse since he or she is the one who administers the shots.  If they're organized, experienced, and quick, then I think that's the best a parent can hope for.

Anyway, here are the stats:
Length: 28 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs. 3oz. (50-75th percentile)
Head circumference: 44 cm (75th percentile)

He's eating like a champ once a day, usually when I get home from work.  I've tried to follow this progression of foods recommended by La Leche League: sweet potatoes, avocados, apples, pork, pears, and bananas.  He's enjoyed most of them, although the apples were a bit too tart for him, so I've been mixing them in with the sweet potatoes.  I love making baby food for him, and I find it to be fairly easy.  There are lots of websites out there that give hints and suggestions for making and storing baby food--I like Wholesome Baby Food.  I try to make one or two good batches of food on the weekends, which makes it easy to have a nice variety of food during the week.

He's had a bit of a plumbing problem since the introduction of solid foods, but I've been pushing water and prune juice to help avoid that.  Unfortunately, I've also had to use glycerin suppositories, but they work like a charm.

Grandma Becca and Grandpa Brady stopped by for a visit last weekend and their way back from Florida, and Weston was super happy to see them!

Milo!

Checking out Grandpa's beard

One of several dozen possible Christmas card photos

Precious

No comments:

Post a Comment